Monday, April 24, 2006

Had a great day yesterday but was too tired to put up anything last night. It was about 65F and sunny all day. Probably about as perfect a spring day for sightseeing as you could get.
After much internal debate I decided to see the Deutsches Museum in the morning and then head to other sites in the afternoon. The museum had tons to see and the engineer in me loved all the technical exhibits. I have tons of pictures but I'll only include a couple here.
After that I decided to head to the museum annex the Verkehrszentrum. On the way I stopped at the Viktualien Markt for a little lunch and some much needed rest for my feet. The Markt was a nice open air market with tons to choose from and see. Then it was off to the Verkehrszentrum.

The trek to the Annex was somewhat of an adventure. Little did I know it was hidden behind some apartments and office buildings. It must have taken me 30 minutes just to find it after I was in the neighborhood. All the directions I had were that it was near the Oktoberfest grounds (Theresienwiese) and that there were signs. The signs were a bit vague, either that or I missed one or two of them. Once there though they had some nice exhibits on racing and on other types of transportation. The Formula 1 exhibit and the BMW Hydrogen powered 7'er were highlights. The whole thing seemed a bit small but It looked like it was under renovation so that could be the reason.

The subway is so convenient for all this sightseeing. I bought the 3 day ticket and it more than paid for itself. I spent the second half of the day walking around the city seeing some of the sites. I walked by the University, Karlsplatz, a quick look through the Hauptbahnhof and a walk through the English Garden.
Decided to go back to the hotel to drop off some of my things before heading out to dinner and ended up taking a short nap. I'm not used to all this walking. Could be a little jet lag still though.
I couldn't decide on where to eat dinner so I said what the heck and went to the Hofbrauhaus. It wasn't quite as touristy as I had feared and was a pretty enjoyable time overall. The food was decent and you can't help but smile as everyone's having such a good time.

When I finally got home I was so tired. I just crashed on the bed and fell asleep. I'll post more later. I'm off to get the car!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home